Integration

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM
I hate to sound like a newb but I am looking to use your Rotator. 

I have registered the DLL, tried using a Assembly register, but I am getting parse errors when I try to use the integration.

Any help in getting your useful script working would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Philip
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Hi Philip, thanks for your interest, first did you add the control to your control library?
Just add it as a new control and then drag it to your page then it's ready to use.
If you have a problem adding FlashAdrotator to your control library, let me know.
Mar 31, 2009 at 4:13 PM
My Source Code:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Debug="true" Codebehind="FlashAdRotator.vb"%>

<%@ Register Assembly="FlashAdRotator" Namespace="FlashAdRotator" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 style="border: 1px solid #999999; padding: 0px; text-align:center;">
               <tr><td><cc1:FlashAdRotator ID="FlashAdRotator1" runat="server" /> </td></tr>
   </table>

I have put the dll into the bin directory.    By adding it to my control library what do you mean? 
I am coding it in Dreamweaver so what is meant by dropping it into my page?

Again, I hate to sound like a newb, i have been doing asp for a few years and .net for a couple but this is a new one for me, adding outside controls like this.

Thanks again.

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:38 AM
Edited Apr 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM
Hi again, well I don't know about DreamWeaver usage but I was simply taking about VS2005, you go to your toolbox, select a group then right click and select "Choose items", you browse for a .NET libraries till you reach the FlashAdrotator.dll. Add it ,then from the toolbox drag it on your page to the desired part of your page.

By the way, in VS2005 there is no need to put the dll file in the bin directory as it's added automatically when you drag the control from the toolbox.

I hope you got it, and will be waiting for your comments.   :)
Nov 9, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Thank you for your work, i was testing it and works like a charm.

i am facing two issues:

1. in firefox, the flash ad banners does not appear right, after looking at your source code, i see that StringFormat.Append("  <param name=""movie"" value={2}>") should also include the height and width property.

2. if i have a dropdown menu structure that drops down, the flash ad banner does not go behind the menu, instead it appears in front of my site menu,

after some research , here is what appears to be included in teh source,  StringFormat.Append("  <param name=""wmode"" value=""Transparent"">")

i tried to modigy your source but i am not very fluent in programming, so wasn't able to produce a dll that i can drag into my VS toolbox to make it work.

if you can, please add these..

thanks again.

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Dear mguragain,

Thanks a lot for your nice comment, and I promise you that I'm going to take in consideration all your remarks and I shall notify yoou as soon as I have a new version of it. :)

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM

hello Meramez, did you get a chance to update the codes? I truly appreciate your effort,

thank you.

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Dear mguragain,

Sorry for the late reply and update, you will find a new version for the DLL named under FlashAdRotatorFFRevised in the download section.Please test it and send me your feedback. I hope this release will be useful.

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:39 AM

hello meramez, thank you for updating the dll... works great.. but with one minor flaw...

did you put wmode=transparent for flash property? the flash ad is still coming in front of my drop down navigation menu.....

i see you added width and height property which fixes the problem in firefox....

thank you again for your hard work.

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 6:34 AM

mguragain, I have tested this control with IE6,7,8 and Firefox 3.0 and it was working fine, anyway, I shall review it again and I hope the upcoming release will work fine with you.

Please ,also check your menu z-index.

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Hi again mguragain, you'll find a new version under the name "FlashAdRotatorFFRevisedV1.2" on the downloads section. I hope this one will fulfill your needs. Happy developing.  

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

That works perfect, thank you.